Saturday, February 13, 2010

Pre-Valentine's Day Celebration!

I awoke in the middle of the night to find that I've been graced with a headcold......oh lovely!

I watched tv, slept in....then Brad and I got up to *hit the road*....we stopped for lunch at a lovely little diner called the Hungry Bear...the people are so friendly! I had a juicy burger and began to feel a bit better.

We went to the little historic town of Wooster....there is a shop there called the CALLA LILY, a wonderful shop chocked full of yarn, patterns and goodies! There is a sock going around the USA...a HUGE sock...being knit by whoever happens to pick up knitting needles. It's going to be in the Guinness Book of World Records when it's finished.

Because I felt so yukky.....I didn't add to it today, but I will return to put my *stamp* on the sock. It also comes with a sign-in book. Stay tuned for a photo of this beautiful and huge sock!

If you're a knitter, check your local shop....it may end up there! I stopped at a little antique shop and purchased two pieces of gorgeous vintage wool for my rugs! I love those wonderful little bargains...and I always wonder where that wool was....after the sheep, of course!

Brad and I celebrated Valentine's Day in a wonderful way.....we had a snack at a Hungarian Bakery that makes the most wonderful open sandwiches of hungarian salami, cheese, red peppers and egg....yumm....I topped it off with a piece of their homemade torte. Then onto the bread bistro for a glass of wine and some wonderful conversation with the locals at the bar.

I finally realized that I should head home and rest...exhausted, but full and happy to have spent the full day with the one I love.

3 comments:

  1. Rachel~ I am sorry you are not feeling well. I hope you feel better really soon. It sounds like you and Brad had a nice time Celebrating Valentine's Day. I hope you have a good day! ~Dan~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great get away...hope you are feeling better.
    Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sniff Sniff, Whine or is that Wine??? I need some of that *medicine*..or is straight alcohol a germ killer?

    ReplyDelete