Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sigh....My Dad is Ill...

Dear Old Dad has bladder cancer....the news didn't take me totally by surprise...I knew he had an issue, but I was hoping it was an infection...it was...sort of...is cancer sort of an infection? All I know is that the word CANCER is scary. It's an ugly word and an uglier disease. He's shook up, of course. I have confidence that he will be fine. There will be a bit of a fight though and I hope he can hang tough. He's a bit of a *baby*, not tough like my Mom. By *baby* I mean, he absolutely cannot handle pain or distress. Mom, however, wears her pain like a suit of armor. Is this a man thing, lol??? Dad will be 75, he's been in fairly good health, double by-pass many years ago and other issues that come with being almost 75.

Sigh....I will know more on March 16th...wish him luck!!!

5 comments:

  1. Rachel~ I am sorry about you dad. I am sure he will be fine! Please keep us posted! ~Dan~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rachel, I'm so sorry to hear this!
    That word is so scary that lots of people don't call it with its real name: Cancer.
    I'm firmly convinced that the first fight against it is our strenght of will.
    I'm sure your dad is now really scared but the dialogues with his Doctor will show him that Meds have been taken "giants steps" regarding cancer treatments.
    I'm sure he will be fine!!
    Hugs!!!!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel,
    I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. I will lift your family up in prayer. Cancer is such a horrible disease and I don't too many people whose lives it has not touched in some form or another. YOU hang tough ~ miracles happen every day.
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Rachel, I'm so very sorry. You can be sure that your dad and your family will be in my prayers. Stay strong, and keep us posted.
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel .... my husband had bladder cancer several months ago and so did my neighbor. The treatment and outcome depends on how the cancer has grown.

    My neighbor it had invaded the bladder wall and into other organs and the bladder was removed and a bag has to be worn for him.

    My husband ... it had NOT invaded the walls ... it was contained inside the bladder itself and was removed by cauterization and he is now cancer free (in that spot) and retained the bladder and has normal functions.

    Will keep him (and you) in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete