Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Thrift Store Tuesday!!!

I purchased this beautiful hand-made quilt today at Goodwill for FIFTEEN DOLLARS!
It is beautifully appliqued and quilted, about 10 threads per inch...no rips or fading. I washed it in the gentle cycle and will let it dry outdoors....

While this is a fabulous find for me, I do NOT understand WHY such a lovely item would have a pricetag of $15...when an old hardback is $6.00!!!!!! Well, whatever.....I was smiled upon today....KARMA???? I must have been a good girl lately!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, the deal of the month I'd say! It's beautiful.
    And I know what you are saying about the pricing...what's up!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great deal! A very lucky and beautiful find

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a score! I bet you were doing the happy dance!

    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  4. You lucky lady!! This sure is a beautiful quilt! I haven't been in our Thrift stores in awhile now.. I'd love to find something beautiful such as you have!

    Blessings,
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a good find! The quilt sounds great. Such work goes into those...
    I have never been to Habitat for Humanity ReStore, but have been meaning to for some time. I will have to check it out for sure to look for any old house items. You can never have too much old "junk"!

    ReplyDelete