Sunday, November 21, 2010

How to letter a chest......


I picked this old chest up on a tree lawn on trash night. It was bare brown wood, but I knew it could be something unique.

I wanted to use the red paint I had on my shelf, the same paint I used in my living room....so I decided to use the Sealtest logo.

First, I had to find the image...so off to eBay I went. I found an old sign for sale and saved the image to my computer. I printed it off and enlarged it on my copier 400%. I then took each letter and again enlarged it to 400%. I kept doing this until I had each of the letters. I trimmed them out with an x-acto knife, then taped them together.

I laid it out on the top of the chest and drew around each letter with a pencil. Using an old brush and cream paint that I had, I painted inside the pencil lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment