Saturday, May 7, 2011

Feed Sack Pillow



A sweet little pillow made from a feed sack. I picked the sack up in a small antique store for about $4.50...I Love, Love, Love the graphic!!! Since I picked up an old pillow with a down insert at a garage sale...I knew they would make the perfect pair.

I hand laundered the towel (the graphics MAY fade in the machine)...and dried him outside. I cut the front 1" larger on all sides than the insert. The back I cut longer by 6". I cut the rectangle in half and turned each piece down about 2.5" since this is an envelope=type opening (no zipper). I turned each piece right side in and seamed around all four sides. Turn right side out and tuck insert inside.

Voila! For about $6 I have a unique downfilled pillow! The moral to this post....don't overlook those tattered pillows...check out the inserts. Since down inserts usually range $20 by themselves...it's a great deal to strip the exterior, wash dry and save them.

1 comment: