Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Love of a Cat




I have four cats, all unique personalities. First came Oliver, then Selkie so he would have a buddy. Next came Megee...WOW Crazies Unleashed. She never really bonded with either Oliver or Selkie. She was very hormonal when I brought her home. She had given birth during the winter in an abandoned refrigerator. Two little orange kitties...shivering in the freezing cold in a crisper drawer. A neighbor heard the crying and took pity on them (including boyfriend Marcus). They all ended up in rescue. Was I looking for another cat? Nooooooo, but I saw her on Petfinder and something said *She's the girl you've been wanting*, so I immediately emailed the rescue org. with a long letter. I went to visit her and it was love at first sight for both of us.

Five years go by and along comes Finnegan, a cream point ragdoll....CRAZY isn't quite the word. He is so tenacious that he would NOT give up until he made each of the cats love each other. Because of him, I now have FOUR cats living in harmony and enjoying each other.

1 comment:

  1. Your Finnegan is beautiful! Sounds like he has a big heart as well as being very smart.

    ReplyDelete